Preventing Drain Blockages
Blocked drains in Cheshire cause nasty odours and can be an environmental and health hazard.
These measures can be taken to prevent or minimize the likelihood of a blocked or clogged up drain:
General Housekeeping Tips:-
- Removal of hairs in sink, bath and shower plug holes and traps.
- Regularly flush sanitary pipework with disinfectant
- Never flush disposable items such as baby wipes, nappies, tissues and sanitary towels down the toilet.
- Keep foreign objects away from where they could drop into toilets.
Outside and system maintenance:-
- Ensure drain grid covers in place and undamaged and keep clear of leaves and muck build up
- Clean gutters and downpipes every six months
- If there's no alternative, mix fat with very hot water and plenty of detergent
- Never put engine oil down the drain - there is a recycling tank at your local waste disposal site !
Regular Planned Maintenance – preventative maintenance including cleaning out gully traps, carrying out an inspection survey, drain cleaning using high pressure jetting, regular maintenance and system updating particularly in terms of access.